Please simplify the "File to Print" process

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by 574269_deleted, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Hi Shapes -

I've been using the services at Shapeways to print my drawings for more than a year. And each time I visit the Shapeways web site to make a print, it's always a struggle to wade through the non-obvious options to complete my order.

More to the point, setting up my drawing to be printed is a difficult, unfriendly and time consuming ordeal. My career is in the computer industry. I don't know how non-technical people can plod through the myriad of illogical options to get their drawings printed.

May I suggest an icon on the Home page that says, "Click here to print your drawing". Followed by.....
    - Click here to upload the drawing you would like to print.
    - One moment while we analyze your drawing for material compatibility. (Show a Progress Bar to show something is happening.)
    - Select one of the materials below with a green check to print your part.
    - How many pieces would you like to print ?
    - Would you like to add another item to your order ?
    - Checkout time.
    - This is your order number. If you have comments or questions about your order, etc.......

Done.

Judging by the number of other frustrated customer comments, it seems the Shapeways web site (and customer services) needs a complete overhaul. I hope you take these suggestions seriously.

Thanks.

- Jimi -
    Harvard, MA

2. bulatov
    bulatov Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Those are very valid concerns.
    Yes, we need to overhaul the ordering process.