Positioning

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by StyledForYou, Aug 10, 2015.

1. StyledForYou
    StyledForYou Active Member
    It's very difficult to position the text or image box precisely and this is kind of important, especially with jewelry. Any idea when a tool to precisely position the box, rather than just guessing, will be available? This is particularly difficult if you want to personalize both the front and back of an item, since you have to flip the model (also imprecisely).

Also, if the box is on the reverse side of the model, when you go to personalize the product, you have maneuver the model so you can see the personalization or text you are adding. This will not be obvious to the customer, although I suppose I can add a how-to for the customer in the description.

Finally, when you go back in to edit the model details or reposition the box, the box is "floating" and it makes it even more difficult to make minor adjustments. Any idea when this will be improved?

2. rolandgs
    rolandgs Member
    I totally agree, the positioning is currently a very laborious process. Here are the improvements I would suggest. There is quite some overlap.

1. Panning in the viewer. This makes it easier to examine the alignment especially for of centre fields.

2. Align to normal. Allowing top view the model from the exact direction of the customization surface.

3. Numerical adjustments. For small changes mouse dragging just isn't accurate enough.
    This might also help ease the workload for generative designs where a lot of models need basically the same settings.

I think these would go a long way to making the use of the custommaker a more pleasurable experience for shopowners.

3. panguver
    panguver Well-Known Member
    I wait when SW will make ability to copy/paste current customization to another model as parametric template. In this case I will able to apply single tuned customization to all similar models. In any case, the positioning is really hard and manual process, but it's not good idea to repeat it for other 150+ models with same topology of customizable area.