Image Order

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by DavidTsai, Aug 4, 2015.

1. DavidTsai
    DavidTsai Member
    It keeps resetting and putting my images out of order. Does this happen to anyone else?

It's very frustrating.

I put a lot of time in getting a good photo of my product and then to have it not show up as I'd saved is quite a pain.

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes things seem to change back on their own. I've stopped worrying about such things.

3. MadAsU
    MadAsU Well-Known Member
    My order seems to stick, but the number 1 picture is not displaying as the default image, what is happening?

4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    For me the image I choose to be the default image generally sticks but the image bar doesn't seem to stick. This is most noticeable when the default image ends up not being the first image in the image bar. I generally don't set more than the first few images anyway and if the old Shapeways gray render is present I might set it to be the last image. I was assuming this new feature would be in flux for a year or so until all the bugs were worked out.

5. panguver
    panguver Well-Known Member
    I see this bug here. You CANNOT change priority of several images at once (before saving of changes), so sometimes you need make 30+ "savings" per model...

6. MadAsU
    MadAsU Well-Known Member
    That works - any hints on how to fix the issue where the order is already there?

Do we need to delete and reupload the images?

It is definitely a more labour intensive process (particularly as the screen jumps back up to the top each time), but good to have a workaround.

7. panguver
    In ANY case default material will first (even when it last), if you uploaded your own photo/render. So, I no need in ordering of pictures - just have upload pictures, set DEFAULT material for one of it and done!

8. Marsh_Creek
    Marsh_Creek Member
    I was just about to post a new topic about this, but I'm glad I found this when I did.

The issue I have is that some of my items in the shop are showing as the default render, and some are showing as the renders I did in Inventor. I want the storefront to have a uniform appearance, and this is driving me batty. I guess I'll just go into the models and mess with image order to see if it fixes itself.

9. panguver
    I found cheat way for re-ordering all images at once. You need do next:

1. Solve what image will first, then second, third, etc... and last.
    1. Pick to last picture and set as first.
    3. Next select picture before last and set first...

.... and do it until first picture and also set it as first...
    xxx. Hit "save" button.

Done!