Tamiya spray results

Discussion in 'Finishing Techniques' started by woody64, Jul 5, 2010.

1. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    I've tested Tamyia spray cans with my White & Flexible models.

[​IMG]

That's so far the best result I've achieved. Maybe adding some gloss for finishing would do the final job.

Tomorrow I will also try that on a Detailed model

Woody64

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  2. euphy
    euphy Member
    Hey great, thanks for reporting your results - is this spray paint or some other kind of coating?

Cheers
    Sandy Noble

3. Looks nice from what I can see. How many coats did you apply, and can you tell how deeply it's been coloured? I understand WSF's supposed to be pretty absorbent, which I imagine is quite useful if you want your paintjob to withstand some wear. Any chance of bigger/closer photos?

Andy

4. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Which spray type exactly? Tamiya has multiple series, like AS, TS, PS, MS...

5. Spongeinside
    Spongeinside Member
    I'm really sorry for bumping an somewhat old topic, but I'm really interested in knowing the answer to stannum's question :) I have a few cans of Tamiya TS paint (left over from painting an r/c car) in the colors I need for the model I ordered. So if TS would be the right kind of paint to use it would be really awesome, so I can paint my model the colors it needs to be :)

Thanks!

-Jeroen

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  6. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
  7. Spongeinside
    Spongeinside Member
    Been painting a print today that i had ordered a few weeks ago.. used Tamiya TS spray paint and it works really well :D

Spongeinside_keychain.jpg