Drink Up!

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by SecretWielder, Jul 14, 2015.

1. SecretWielder
    SecretWielder Member
    Pythagorean's wine glass only allows one to drink in moderation. If a person fills the cup up above the center totem, all the liquid will drain out the bottom of the cup instead of staying inside. This Wine glass is a variation on Pythagorean's Cup. It has also been nicknamed "The Cup of Greed", as it does not allow people to take too much.

It looks pretty much like any other wine glass you would see, but it should act much differently :p

http://shpws.me/J2wx

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Not sure if the siphon mechanism is there at all in the previews, did you check your model with netfabb studio basic to make sure that there would not be any automatic fixing done by shapeways' site software ? (Ignoring for a moment that the strong&flexible is likely too porous to hold any fluid without some post-process varnishing anyway)

3. nigelren
    nigelren Well-Known Member
    I wonder if it would help putting a wider base to the glass. As someone who has been prone to knocking things over in the past, loosing even half a glass would not go down well :-/

4. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Once its ready you should try it in porcelain :D

5. Pirocious
    Pirocious Member
    That's a pretty cool idea! Unfortunately it just means I have to pour more. Wont this print better if its standing up or do the awesome people at shapeways do this anyway?