Home » Support » 3D Design » What is wrong with this and how can I fx it?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
What is wrong with this and how can I fx it? [message #14202] Thu, 01 July 2010 14:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar donanton  is currently offline donanton
Go to my shop
I made this model in sketchup. It is mostly hollow to save money. I uploaded it and got a message from shapeways saying they couldnt fix it. They also sent me this image.
index.php?t=getfile&id=3993&private=0

I have attached a picture showing various sides of the piece.
index.php?t=getfile&id=3994&private=0

I have pro engineer, meshlab, blender and of course sketchup.

Re: What is wrong with this and how can I fx it? [message #14218 is a reply to message #14202 ] Thu, 01 July 2010 17:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Do you mind putting up the file for us to look at? The shells problem is probably the one causing the issues, inverted normals can, but usually only causes issues with rendering and sometimes pricing.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: What is wrong with this and how can I fx it? [message #14219 is a reply to message #14202 ] Thu, 01 July 2010 17:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
http://www.shapeways.com/model/130996/2inwallsecstraight.htm l
Re: What is wrong with this and how can I fx it? [message #14221 is a reply to message #14202 ] Thu, 01 July 2010 18:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I think you have that link set to private, and I meant the file you uploaded.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: What is wrong with this and how can I fx it? [message #14238 is a reply to message #14221 ] Thu, 01 July 2010 23:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar crsdfr  is currently offline crsdfr
Go to all my models
That image is from Magics.

The red indicates an inverted normal, so your main problem is that the model is entirely inverted (a pretty common problem translating from skp). The other problem is that its not unified, and comprised of around 184 separate shells.

Upload the model here in the forums as an attatchment and I'll have a squiz for you.
Re: What is wrong with this and how can I fx it? [message #14308 is a reply to message #14202 ] Sat, 03 July 2010 03:31 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I'm not gonnaa be with internet access on the comouter the file is on. I have pro-e, blender, and meshlab. What should I do to solidify it?

thanks

Previous Topic:Ran it through Cad Span, manifold error still
Next Topic:Ball joints and other moving parts