.MAX conversion to .FBX of .OBJ? Please assist.

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by 684908_deleted, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Hello fellow Shapeways artists -

While I was doing some house cleaning yesterday, I found an old CD-rom with some of my old work on it. One file in particular I would like to keep. However, it is a .MAX file from when I used 3DS MAX. I switched from Windows to Mac platform years ago, so I can't get the MAX file to open in any app except 3DS MAX which is proprietary windows software.

My question is - Can anyone who has a copy of 3DS MAX kindly do me a BIG favor of exporting out to FBX or OBJ, so I can use it in my modeling app on my MAC? I dont have enough space on my HDD to make a windows partition, or I would do that. And I dont own a PC or Windows for that matter. The last version of windows I owned I think was XP.

Concerning the file - It is just a grayscale model (no texture) of a generic looking lion (animal). So a simple export to FBX or OBJ would be greatly appreciated. I just need the mesh. I dont care if any hair/fur systems, or textures are not included back to me. So, If you can help me, please post and I will send you the file via dropbox link. You can do whatever you want (personally) with the file after I get a FBX or OBJ version. That will be my way of returning the favor - A free 3D model for you. :D

Its a pretty good quality model too, if I do say so myself. Thanks for any help with this. I appreciate it a lot! :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  2. I got someone to do this for me, so no need for any conversion, anymore.