Hello from a Jewellery Design Newbie

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by PaulaHutchinsonDesigns, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Hi, Im pretty new to 3d printing, and to shapeways, but I just got my first prototypes in the post yesterday and I was really impressed.

I am studying HND Jewellery Design in Glasgow, Scotland, and I myself come from Northern Ireland.

I have been learning to design with RHINO 3d, over three semesters, and I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Would like any feedback on my designs so far,

Thanks, and look forward to getting more boxes from shapeways in the near future.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Your designs are looking good! Have you posted pictures in It Arrived of the one you had printed? Also, don't forget to add pictures to your product page. Real pictures make a product more likely to be purchased.

3. Hi and Thankyou,

Yes I put a picture to the double bloom ring and I tried to put pictures to the other one, but think I forgot to save it. So I'll add more on soon.
    cheers
    Paula

4. I didn't know about 'it arrived' I just put a picture on my product. So i'll check that out too.
    thanks again
    Paula

5. Youknowwho4eva
  6. Youknowwho4eva
  7. Thankyou for the image ranking advice. Ive now got it set up on one ring, so ill work through them.

Cheers

8. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
  9. Youknowwho4eva
    The shop is looking much better!

10. 666810_deleted
    666810_deleted Active Member
    Welcome!

11. Thanks for the welcomes ;-)

I like the cute dog 3d printing dog!

12. Thankyou,

Im just not sure how people do logos and banners. Is it on photoshop? must seem like a silly question.

cheers

13. pendarestan
    pendarestan Well-Known Member
    It depends on how you prefer to work. Photoshop or GIMP if you like to draw using selections and to apply effects to a background and text. Inkscape if you want to tweak a 2D vector art version of your logo for use at different sizes and in 3D programs. Blender or Rhino if you want to make a 3D render as a background.

There are online logo image generators if you want something quick to throw up on the site.

14. 666810_deleted
    666810_deleted Active Member
    Your dog if very cute, too!

FYI, I did my logo in Illustrator and my banner in Photoshop.

15. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Welcome Silversky! I look forward to seeing all your pretty things get printed. We're happy to have you hear in our little community :)