Pebble Bracelet

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by resetstyles, Jun 14, 2015.

1. resetstyles
    resetstyles Member
    Hi! I designed this bracelet recently and I wanted to see what people thought of it and if it could be featured.

This one is called Pebble Bracelet. It's part of a six piece collection designed around a pebble shape. I feel that the steel suit it well, it gives it the look of a pebble. I've been wearing it almost daily because it goes with everything and is minimalistic enough that you don't have to worry much about your other jewelry detracting from it or clashing with it.

It's shown in stainless steel.
    pebblebracelet.JPG
    Link: http://shpws.me/HcT2

The actual "inspiration" for this is rather lame: I work in Rhino and when I have design block I make a control point curve with 5-7 points and I have to design something with that curve as the base. The curve looked like a pebble and I thought it was really cool. I didn't even have to think much. The ideas were very immediate, it's been a long time since they were that immediate, and I had it designed from the curve to the preparing the stl to print on an Ultimaker in about three hours. (I told you it was lame.)

This is part of a six piece collection. It has two matching rings.

What do you think?

2. I like the geometric design, and I have a suggestion that will make the bracelet look amazing. If you don't have a rotary tool already, I highly suggest that you invest in one, and a Dremel polisthing kit. both of these can be purchased for a total of about $30 from Amazon. I see a lot of your designs have the rough printing lines visible, so they could all use a touch up with a Dremel. Good luck!

3. resetstyles
    resetstyles Member
    Thanks for the feedback! I have lots of rotary tools and polishing compounds that I use on many pieces. The thing is items from Shapeways come with print lines depending on the material, so if someone ordered it from the site they would get a piece with print lines on it and a photo without them would be deceptive.