missing model

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 596647_deleted, Jun 13, 2015.

1. I have a model I uploaded on June 10 called 's-curve coming soon.' I can get to the model if I use the link from your email announcing it is ready to order, but it doesn't appear in my shop inventory nor on my model page nor will it appear if I enter its name into the model search window. Where is it, actually?

THanks

2. panguver
    panguver Well-Known Member
    Same problems last month.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Best to email service, they should be able to assist you.

4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Sometimes uploaded models show up in My Models but not the Shop Inventory. Within the last week it seemed like something was blocking the creation of an extra display page to show new uploaded models. Once I deleted some junk models the missing models became visible in Shop Inventory. Maybe editing the models from the My Models list would have corrected the problem, I don't know. A lot of things could be causing these bugs although they sure seem like general indexing issues.

5. panguver
    If model has no category, it's not visible in Shop Inventory. Always for me. Also similar models not presented in csv-file. So you needs set category as minimum for creating markup via csv-wizard.

6. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    do you have the checkbox for "show printable models" checked?

Sometimes they hide in there

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 3.53.46 PM.png

7. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Not for me. when I upload new models and have the shop inventory set to default mode they appear at the end of the shop inventory on the last page before I change any settings. This is actually a nice feature (accidental?) because it lets me move new models forward into the actual store inventory when I'm ready to do so.

Oh, and these models that are not visible in the inventory are also not visible in the not printable. The models are just fine but don't always show up at the end of the inventory list (in default) for whatever strange reasons.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  8. I have checked the unprintable box and the model was there in spite of the fact that it passed all their pretests. Hell, I even got all the thin walls fixed. So now I'm trying to find out why they say it's unprintable. Talking to support, for whatever that's worth.

9. panguver
    Bounding box error was fixed (maybe, partially). I had 5-7% of my normal models as unprintable by this reason later. Now I no see it problem.

10. Here is why I don't go to support that often: I sent them a screen shot of the model on its 3d tools page showing that it passed all the preprocessing tests and I asked why is the model unprintable.

This morning my answer was: 'I have run a full reprocess of your model and it's not printable.' From Adela. This tells me absolutely nothing.

And just now I'm getting this message: Sorry about that. The system did not process the file correctly, that is why it showed as unprintable.
    Now that I have done the reprocess, everything is working!
    It was not your or your model's fault, our system was just a bit glitchy. We apologize for the confusion.

It always feels like you have to beat them on the head to get a sensible answer. She sent that last reply after I had sent another email asking for details so I could fix the problem.

11. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    People in tech support are not all-knowing wizards. If they were, why would they put up with the daily mix of irate professionals and helpless newbies ?
    I am assuming that she started the reprocess, then told you that "the system" was adamant your file was unprintable. Then she had to contact someone from development to have them check their software (guess only they can get detailed return codes from the preprocessing steps)...

12. panguver
    I see some improvements in printability test also. Most of my jewelry models became printable in steel recently. So it is good idea to update "bug" model files by repeated uploading.