Share your FXD prints and get featured!

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by Andrewsimonthomas, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Hey Everyone,

We're looking for photos and shops selling products in FXD to promote in Thursday's 3D Printspiration promotion.

Please share your photos and a link to the model page, the best ones will be featured in an email to promote your models!

If you have any questions feel free to share here as well.

~Andrew

2. sbhunterca
    sbhunterca Well-Known Member
    Hi, Andrew:

Here are some shots of my new HO scale CNR Hart Convertible Gondola printed in FXD, which has a significant amount of fine detail including a large number of rivets, 0.010" diameter X 0.010" high which came up perfectly... I put a Canadian dime (diameter .709"/ 18 mm) in some of the photos to emphasize the small size of the model's features.

It was designed in Geomagic Design/ Alibre.

Here's the link to my model:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/M7MSJ3VNC/ho-scale-cnr-har t-convertible-gondola

Other photos here:

http://public.fotki.com/sbhunterca/cnr-steel-frame-har/

I have it set for sale in either FUD or FXD, it has printed well in both materials.

Steve Hunter
    Eastern Road Models

Attached Files:

3. aimeemoyer
    aimeemoyer Shapeways Employee Ecommerce Team
    Thanks, sbhunterca!

So tiny, great work! Can you do me a huge favor and maybe make sure your photos are in the front of the carousel? That way shoppers will see the prints first! You can choose the order of your photos under the Details tab of your product edit page. If the default material is FXD and you tag the photos with that material, you should be able to simply pick which photo you want as default by making it #1, and labeling the rest as you please :) Hope that helps.

Thank you!

4. sbhunterca
    sbhunterca Well-Known Member
    Thanks, Aimee!

I'd meant to add the painted photos and sort them, but forgot- your reminder is much appreciated! It's done now...

So far, I'm very impressed with FXD!

Steve

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015