Shop sections

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by GRedulla013, Jun 9, 2015.

1. GRedulla013
    GRedulla013 Member
    I've created sections for my 3D and I can't find the option how can I move a model to a specific section.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Look on the "Details" tab of the model in question (see this thread)

3. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    i cant figure out how to create shop sections.

4. mkroeker
    See the thread linked from my message directly above yours, it has screenshots showing all steps

5. cboath
    cboath Member
    I gotta say, i'm having this problem as well.

Clicking 'see this thread' takes me to the root of the forum, not a specific post. Apparently there's no more Details page either. Each model has it's own 'edit product' page and that's it.

6. mkroeker
    That's because this thread is a year old - the forum software was changed some weeks ago, which (together with shuffling and renaming forum sections) broke many such links to older messages. And the model page structure was simplified even more recently - I cannot be absolutely sure as I do not run a shop, but I would expect the shop section selection in the vicinity of the "select a category" box. More to the point, it appears that your shop does not have any sections at all currently, so I guess you will have to create some in the "My shop" section of the MAKE menu first.

7. mkroeker
  8. cboath
    cboath Member
    Ok, i see it in that video in the Discoverability section, right under tags.

I don't have that. Mine goes from Tags to Variants. Do you need to enable Sections elsewhere for that option to appear?

9. mkroeker
    Yes, the option to add sections to your shop should be somewhere under "My shop" in the MAKE menu.

10. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    You can also create a new section on the product editing screen when you click the dropdown box under the "shop section" heading. At the bottom of the list will be an option to "create new section" and then name it. Once you do that, it'll be selectable from that dropdown list on future product edit screens.

11. Hi,
    how can I remove shop section (not in one product, but in all shop)?

12. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    At the top left with the three main tabs (shop, make & community) hover over the "make" tab, then hover over "my shop" (third option down) and select "shop settings" from that last window that pops up. It will take you to your shop settings and you can scroll down about 3/4 of the way to see a list of your current shop sections. There you can reorder them or delete them by clicking the "X" to the right of the name.