money question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adescoolcustoms, Jun 3, 2015.

1. hi I am new here and wanted to pick your brains please,i advertised for a designer to help me with a project I wanted to do well 7 projects to be honest, a few designers got back to me and to be very truthful they have been brilliant with 4 being printed as we speak,but one guy wanted half the money upfront and despite quite a few emails still no results,i have emailed him to say I want my fee back as I have not had any renderings as yet and that other designers I have worked with have done the work been paid and I am now printing them ,but nothing from this guy ,what do I do now any ideas please
    ade

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Please review the "Modelers Needed" guidelines: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2935& amp;start=0&

In short, Shapeways is not liable for any transactions that take place between users. They also can't allow postings that are deemed to be liable or slander.

If you fail to get a response from the person thru normal channels, your best option is to contact the designer thru the relevant legal authority.

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    if it is a designer with a known track record (featured on shapeways blog, own shop section, own website or at least some portfolio on their user page and/or semi-regular visitor in the forum), perhaps that person is just ill or travelling. If you trusted someone who created their account the day they sent you the offer, perhaps try to get the payment reversed if at all possible - that case would be not much different from handing cash to some travelling stranger you met in the village pub.

4. hi your right I would never have sent 50% up front with out checking he has been on since 2012 and have seen other work,he answered a couple of times but just the same reply it will be done soon ????now wont reply at all ,if I went to him i could understand but he came to me with promises about time of design etc and now he is like 4 weeks into the designwith nothing to show,i have notified paypal see what happens
    ade

5. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Sorry to hear this adescoolcustoms if they don't get back to you soon please let me know (you can PM me) and I can investigate to see if there is anything I can do.