Replacement Orders issued by Shapeways

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by craftsc, May 20, 2015.

1. craftsc
    craftsc Member
    I have been facing issues with receiving orders for models with missing parts over past couple months. Shapeways has worked with me to resolve these issues.

When Shapeways agreed to reprint a model or line item on the order, Shapeways would establish a new order number for the reprint in my accounts order list.

With another order pissing parts for assembly. Customer support stated they would reprint the order. I am concerned to hear that when Shapeways issues a reprint they are no longer creating a new order number for the reprint?!

How will I know when the reprint is in processing, production, than shipped? If problem arises, what number do I reference? I now have to contact the customer support regarding the status over the next few weeks. There is no logic behind this change.

Please clarify why are Shapeways is removing the replacement order number??

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    I did some digging for you.
    The reason that no reprint order was made is because the production team that printed the model confirmed that they made the mistake and started reprinting the missing part right away.

So rather than getting you a reprint number, they reprinted the original orderline.

This is not a new process and should normally not go like that, our apologies for the confusion and exceptional case where no reprint is issued.

Mitchell

3. craftsc
    craftsc Member
    Thank you for your reply and clarification. The control number issued for the complaint CT-15807. Since there is no information on when reprint entered processing, production, or a expected ship date. This part can take some time to print. The only way I can receive updates is to contact customer support. That can become tiresome for them as I like to have visibility of the order process.

Chad