NEED HELP WITH TEXTURES!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeyondThePixel, May 16, 2015.

1. my texture only shows half way. It showed like normal yesterday, then I updated and now it displays like this:

Attached Files:

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Errors in the geometry can cause this - shapeways' site software will try to do an automatic repair, but this can add or remove vertices from the model.
    Another explanation could be wrong orientation of face normals (texture applied to what is actually the inside of your model), or overlapping/coincident faces. Also check if the geometry file actually contains the names of all your texture files.

3. Hi there, thank you for responding. the texture and geometry showed just fine when I first uploaded. then I decided to add a ring on the top of the pendant, and I reuploaded. the ring is the only thing that I added, and it now shows like this. I checked the faces, and geometry is just fine :(

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Could be something in the intersection between the ring and the pendant - hard to tell without knowing more. Have you tried checking your exported
    model with some other software, e.g. meshlab, netfabb studio basic or view3dscene (depending on whether it is dae, x3d or wrl) ?

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Adding the ring changed the structure of the model, this confuses the indexing for the map and results in what you have, a part textured model.

The fix.

Ensure the base model structure is a single mesh - run it through NetFabb Cloud service - https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/ and then re-map the texture.

Paul

6. Thank you everyone for your help :) I just decided to redo the models, and they work fine now. I still don't know what happened, but it's fine now :D

7. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Try to do your texturing as the very last step because if you add vertices or take away vertices your UV coordinates will be destroyed resulting in a discombobulated mess. :D