Problems printing minecraft quartz block.

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by Baldwin, May 5, 2015.

1. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    Hello everyone.
    Today I had a problem printing a block from of minecraft: the quartz one. Each block of quartz is seen as sand. Let me send you an image and you'll understand what's happening:

[​IMG]
    Each block of quartz is seen like if it was sand... There's no texture for quartz block? Can be printed normal or it will be seen as sand? What can I do?
    Is this a problem of mineways? I don't think so because in mineways there's a texture for each type of quartz....
    It seems that there's no way to print minecraft quartz in shapeways...

Any solution for this problem?

Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Probably a problem in the way the textures are packaged for upload. Which file format are you using ?
    Typically you would have one file with the geometry, and a set of image files containing the textures - all of these must be packaged as a zip file that has no internal folder structure, just the plain files.
    Another quite common problem is that the geometry file calls the textures by the complete path names, drive letter and all that they originally had on your system when it should be just plain filenames now.

3. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    Hello, thanks for your answer.
    In this case it seems that the problem is not mine because I've done exactly what you said...
    Probably there's no texture for quartz, so I have never seen quartz printed in any minecraft creation in this web...
    Hugs.

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Ah, sorry, seems I misunderstood your question. Unfortunately I do not know mineways, guess you could look on youtube if there are any tutorials about adding custom textures to it...

5. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    No problem!
    Now I uploaded a new model with different textures and I hope it Works now.
    Hugs!

Last edited: May 5, 2015