Co-Creator update

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by pp, Jun 10, 2010.

1. pp
    pp Member
    Maybe some of you already have seen it but this week we have updated and added some features to the Co-Creator platform.

Updated:
    1) Possibility to create a drop-down box with predefined values to have your customers select from

2) Possibility to create radio buttons with values

3) Possibility to us multiple (up to 20!!) variables on setting up you template

We will add a short tutorial soon. In the mean time you can play around with it, for it works real easy.

cheers Peter Paul

2. jasolo
    jasolo Member
    I'm having problems making my first co-creator, so I'm not sure if it's my fault or because of the update. After clicking the button that activates co-creator, I see the link "+ Manage Template Details", but it doesn't expand when clicked, so I cannot introduce the parameters (although they are in the page source code). I have tried with Firefox and Explorer, and changed the availability of the model, but without success.

3. pp
    pp Member
    Hi,
    I have passed in on to software development to figure out what goes wrong.

I have just tested it and it works well for me on Fire Fox

I'll keep you posted.

Peter Paul

4. ibec
    ibec Member
    I'm having the same issues like jasolo. No matter what browser I use on my Mac, the templates don't work.

5. pp
    pp Member
    Hi
    We have found the problem and working to fix it asap.
    So it's not your browser it's something from our end.

If you want to you can post the model (URL) you want to work on here. We can manual fix something here until the final fix

cheers Peter Paul

6. jasolo
    jasolo Member
  7. ibec
    ibec Member
    It's working smooth again, thx!

8. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    Does shapeways mark up the price on Cocreator products? I have a ring that cost $23 for SS after my markup, but when I looked at it from a different browser, not logged in, the cost was $36! So it seems like Shapeways is taking a much larger profit for the Cocreator products.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  9. pp
    pp Member
    Hi Roofoo,

Shapeways definitely doesn't put and extra markup on any products that are on Co-Creator.

Our pricing remains as normal.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    cm3 price (different per material!!) + shop owners markup= sales price
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not sure what happened with you maybe 1 time you were logged in 1 time and the other time not... maybe you had different materials selected....?

If you have some more info please let me know.

Peter Paul

10. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    It's definitely adding a higher markup than what I put in. https://www.shapeways.com/model/132452/triangle_ring.html
    For stainless steel, the final cost is $14.50. However, when I log out and then load the same product page, when I select stainless steel the price jumps to $25!

And this model: https://www.shapeways.com/model/132458/wavy_ring.html
    When logged in, final price for stainless is $23.00. When I log out, the price becomes $36.00!!

This seems like a major bug because this could scare away potential customers who are not logged in to the site.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  11. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Here wavy ring is listed with a 36 dollars price tag, always, logged or not... maybe you are seeing pre markup price (and what you'll be charged if ordering it) when logged in?

12. pp
    pp Member
    I probably know what is going on.

The $23 will be the cost you as model owner see on the model details page and this is based on the actual volume.

The $36 is the price I see when viewing your model and is based on the Max volume as you have set it.
    This means the price of the models maximum volume as set by you in the template details.

You can check by adjusting the max volume.
    So it my best guess is that it's not a bug.

Please let me know if I am not right...

13. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    You're right, it is because I had the max volume set too high. It makes sense now. I guess I should be more accurate when estimating that. Thanks!