Super Low Priority - Make It Real Email

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by TGAW, Apr 22, 2015.

1. TGAW
    TGAW Member
    Greetings All,
    Super, super low priority. I just wanted to let you know I just received a "It's time to make it real" email for a model I already ordered late last week. So something may be a little off with the logic, but obviously nothing too critical.

Have a lovely day!
    Vicky

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I wonder if that is simply when it transitions from "On Order" to "In Production"

3. drloris
    drloris Well-Known Member
    Bump!

Is there an option to switch these off entirely?
    I mean these messages specifically.
    I also really don't need the emails telling me the model I just uploaded is ready to order.

I think the place the options would be if they existed is in Settings ~ email preferences - Model Communications

which has a comment:

Why? Can't I just assume that a model I uploaded will be ready a little while later? Usually I'm looking at it at the time, so I kind of already know.

4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Getting the notification is useful when the upload exists but get's lost in the dark recesses of the company servers. Sometimes the link in the email is the only way to gain access to it again.

Another fun thing to do is to give your upload a funny name so that the "It's time to make you model real" message gives a hilarious title for the email you get. Just something I've been meaning to do but haven't got around to doing. ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016