[Shapeways-Mineways] Printing with other textures, printinting mods blocks and problem.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baldwin, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    Hi everyone once more :)

Recently I've seen that you can change the texture plain in MineWays. So, this means that I can export my buildings with the texture pack that I use, right? But, can I print them with that texture pack in shapeways, is it posible? I mean, printing in shapeways with the texture pack that I used in mineways.

Other thing I want to talk about are Mods. Many people will know Mods in minecraft (the mods add new blocks, items, mobs, etc). So my question is: Can i import my building with shapeways that they use mod's new blocks? And can I print them?
    I'm trying to say that I was trying to export my buildings that they have many blocks that add the mod, so my question is very simple. Can I print new blocks that add the mod?

Last thing I want to told is a problem that I have using MineWays: when I'm exporting a big building for 3d priting, the process is being crashed and the program automatically closes. Is annoying.
    I use Windows 8 32 bits and last versión of mineways.

Thanks for your atention.

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    If you can get your mods to show up in Mineways then you can print it at Shapeways, what you see is what you get.

The crashing problem may be because you are trying to have Mineways munch down too much 3D data. 3D stuff takes a LOT of computer power when it comes to huge 3D models, so you need to find out how much data your computer can handle before it chokes. One thing you can do is print things in sections and then when you get them from Shapeways you can glue them together to make larger constructions.

If you do make an order with Shapeways, send picks of the stuff you print, I'd like to see what you made in Minecraft! :D

3. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    Hi!
    Thanks for your help! The problem now is fixed, thank u!

Now I'm building awesome houses, that I will upload once I finished them.

As I said, thanks for your help.
    A hug.

4. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Great! Glad you got it working! :D