My product from shapeways

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baldwin, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    Hello Shapeways!
    My name is Baldwin and I've some questions of using shapeways.

First off all, I've created my product (here you have it: https://www.shapeways.com/product/CJPQG4DSZ/lobby-wrl?key=85 01c9cd21361924a5c984dbbbdad4e6).
    But, I've some issues. Once I created the product, I don't how to set the price, do I have to decide the price or shapeways will do it for me?

When I'm editing the product, on sell section, there's an option where you have to set the material you want for your product. I choose: "Strong and flexible plastic". Above, it says this:
    For example I set "$200". When I save changes, I see that anyone can buy the product, so it says "Not for sale". What's the matter in here?
    Is too big to be printed?

Thanks everyone for your help.
    A hug
    Baldwin

2. MrSirLRD
    MrSirLRD Well-Known Member
    Make sure these two boxes are checked on the items you wish to have for sale

selling.jpg

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Seeing that your other question was not answered yet - what you do is set your "markup" that will be automatically added to the shapeways base price (production cost) when someone other than you orders the model. Accumulated markup from sales will be paid out (minus a small fee that shapeways says is what paypal charges them) once per month to your paypal account if it exceeds $30.

4. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    Hi again.
    That two boxes are enabled in my product.
    But when I try to set the material to be printed, it says that anyone can be printed, so I cannot choose.
    Thanks again.

5. MrSirLRD
    If in the "model" section it says that this model cannot be printed in a certain material you won't be able to sell it in that material

6. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    It says that I cannot print it from any material.
    Too big?

7. MrSirLRD
    Click on the "view 3d tool" under the material names and it should tell you the problem

8. mkroeker
    At that size, "strong&flexible" will probably be the only available material (and the whole thing will probably be very expensive). This thing is simply huge by current standards.

9. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    [​IMG]
    Ok, thanks.

So, all this options must have a tick to print the product with that material, true?

It seems that the problem are the walls.

Some options take long to load and others , does not give me the tick or error, simply a dash.
    What does that mean?
    Have to have all one tick , or simply that no error?

Because like I said, some things do not load ...
    A hug and thank you!

Ok, I'll update a smaller stuff.
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  10. mkroeker
    Yes, all the options should be ticked - though a warning for "thin walls" is permissible - this test is just informational, meaning some part of your model is thinner than the limit for free-standing parts in that material (as detailed on the relevant page under the Materials tab). The thin walls test sometimes flags well-supported parts or small surface details for which more lenient limits are in place, so it basically tells you to check the color-coded picture it creates and review any suspicious areas in your modeling software. Actual printability checks are done by a shapeways employee once you order a print.
    In your case, it seems that size or complexity caused some of the automated tests to time out - or fail in unexpected ways - at least it is very unusual that you would not get a part count, nor an indication if the bounding box is acceptable. Try scaling down your model by at least a factor of ten, or just uploading a simple cube or sphere to see how the system is supposed to work - among other things, you would then get an automated quote of the production cost in any of the available materials (which for your current model would probably be well above $5000 if it passed the checks)

11. Baldwin
    Baldwin Member
    Hello everyone!
    Now I've created a new product and I have all the materials.
    Thanks everyone for all your support!