Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Protecting spray coating for WSF ?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Protecting spray coating for WSF ? [message #13216] Thu, 27 May 2010 14:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar mynameismarcohk  is currently offline mynameismarcohk
Go to my shop
How are you guys, I just wonder if there any spray coating for WSF to prevent it from getting dirty ?

Something like the coating for printing and art work . I just wonder if it works for WSF as well.

thanks guys .

Re: Protecting spray coating for WSF ? [message #13471 is a reply to message #13216 ] Tue, 08 June 2010 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar madox  is currently offline madox
Go to my shop
I'm off to buy some clear Plasti-Dip Spray tomorrow, will try it out and let you know how it goes.
Re: Protecting spray coating for WSF ? [message #13644 is a reply to message #13471 ] Sun, 13 June 2010 10:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar euphy  is currently offline euphy
Go to my shop
I'd be really interested in finding out what results you get, Madox.

mynameismarcohk, you may have read the thread http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2012&a mp;start=0&S=c690745ef819fb019882f62790c185d0 in which our man dadrummond relates experiences with spray-lacquering.

I'm thinking of trying some thick, lo-fi finishes on strong/flexible that might give the impression of a chunky acrylic type ring. For these, dips seem the logical choice, rather than hundreds of coats of spray.

sn

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2010 10:56 UTC]

Re: Protecting spray coating for WSF ? [message #13788 is a reply to message #13216 ] Fri, 18 June 2010 14:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar madox  is currently offline madox
Go to my shop
I've had some success with the plasti-dip spray though I personally don't like the 'rubbery' feel to the models now after spraying...

I had my models painted already so really didn't need the spray. Adds a bit of 'gloss' to it too. Will try take some photos later.

Previous Topic:Gold plate finishing?
Next Topic:Spray paint effect with Uni Posca markers

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.