Blender+Wireframe

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 14528_deleted, May 26, 2010.

1. 14528_deleted
    14528_deleted Member
    Hi,

does anybody know how to make a printable wireframe object in blender - i can design an object which appears as a wireconstruction when its rendered but when i export it to Accutrans i becomes solid.
    Hm, i have no idea at the moment how to solve this.

Kind regards Simon

2. Tommy_2Tall
    Tommy_2Tall Member
    Hi!

I've used the "Solidify selection" and/or "Solid wireframe" (both found under Mesh / Scripts) to make wireframe models.

I think "Solid wireframe" is the best choice based on the fact that you get a solid when exporting to Accutrans.
    That script uses the polygon/face edges to make a wireframe and you can specify the thickness/radius and some detail/shape related options in the script dialog.

Hope that helps :)

3. 41679_deleted
    41679_deleted Member
    Blender has a script called "Solid Wireframe" that can do this for you. Split the 3D view and make the new area into a Scripts view, then go Scripts menu => Mesh => Solid Wireframe. It's what I used to create this model.

4. 14528_deleted
    14528_deleted Member
    Thanks for your help and advice
    Simon

5. 14528_deleted
    14528_deleted Member
    Hi,

getting a wireframe model in blender works good with the "solid wireframe" function in the script window. But sometimes i get objects with vertices going crazy out of my original model. Anyone an idea how to get a wireframe without these vertices.

Thanks Simon

Attached Files: