Home » Support » 3D Design » Blender+Wireframe
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Blender+Wireframe [message #13186] Wed, 26 May 2010 13:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar peerpeer  is currently offline peerpeer
Go to all my models
Hi,

does anybody know how to make a printable wireframe object in blender - i can design an object which appears as a wireconstruction when its rendered but when i export it to Accutrans i becomes solid.
Hm, i have no idea at the moment how to solve this.

Kind regards Simon
Re: Blender+Wireframe [message #13187 is a reply to message #13186 ] Wed, 26 May 2010 14:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tommy_2Tall  is currently offline Tommy_2Tall
Go to my shop
Hi!

I've used the "Solidify selection" and/or "Solid wireframe" (both found under Mesh / Scripts) to make wireframe models.

I think "Solid wireframe" is the best choice based on the fact that you get a solid when exporting to Accutrans.
That script uses the polygon/face edges to make a wireframe and you can specify the thickness/radius and some detail/shape related options in the script dialog.

Hope that helps Smile
Re: Blender+Wireframe [message #13188 is a reply to message #13186 ] Wed, 26 May 2010 14:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Derakon  is currently offline Derakon
Go to all my models
Blender has a script called "Solid Wireframe" that can do this for you. Split the 3D view and make the new area into a Scripts view, then go Scripts menu => Mesh => Solid Wireframe. It's what I used to create this model.
Re: Blender+Wireframe [message #13192 is a reply to message #13186 ] Wed, 26 May 2010 16:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks for your help and advice
Simon
Re: Blender+Wireframe [message #13419 is a reply to message #13186 ] Sun, 06 June 2010 16:36 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Hi,

getting a wireframe model in blender works good with the "solid wireframe" function in the script window. But sometimes i get objects with vertices going crazy out of my original model. Anyone an idea how to get a wireframe without these vertices.

Thanks Simon

Previous Topic:Wall Thickness Example - Question
Next Topic:BOOLEAN OPERATIONS??