Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » Gift Cube by OSKAR
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gift Cube by OSKAR [message #13159] Tue, 25 May 2010 10:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Gift Cube is a fully functional Rubik's Cube with a spherical cavity inside. When solved, one layer comes off and the content can be removed from the cube.

There is a very romantic story behind this puzzle, which you can read at the Twisty Puzzles Forum. Matthew Farnsworth used the Gift Cube to propose to his girlfriend Mindy. And she said yes!

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the puzzle from my Shapeways Shop.
Read more at the Twisty Puzzles Forum.
Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar

index.php?t=getfile&id=3659&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=3660&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=3661&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=3662&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2010 15:16 UTC]

Re: Gift Cube [message #13164 is a reply to message #13159 ] Tue, 25 May 2010 13:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
Great idea! How about spring loading it so it actually pops open when solved?
Re: Gift Cube [message #13165 is a reply to message #13164 ] Tue, 25 May 2010 14:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
George,

No spring loading needed. The lid just falls off. Spring loading would impede the smooth turning.

Oskar
Re: Gift Cube [message #20210 is a reply to message #13165 ] Mon, 08 November 2010 01:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar inuyasha51089  is currently offline inuyasha51089
Go to all my models
Oskar,
hello my name is Jared Turgeon I am messaging here today asking if there is a way I may acquire a cube like this so that i may propose to my girlfriend. I would have bought one instead of messaging you like this had I the money, but due to several surgeries i have had to undergo as i was in an car accident several months ago. the accident made me realize that we can die at any time and that I needed to start living to the fullest. this brings me to the reason of why I would like the cube. My girlfriend of 3 years stood by me in every surgery that i had to undergo and has helped me in my recovery. I feel that it is time to ask her to be my wife as she has given me so much. If you could do this for me it would be greatly appreciated as she is a major cuber as was I before the accident and I would love to see her face as she solves the cube and the top comes off and there is her ring and as she looks at me for me to drop to one knee and propose.
My email is JaredxTurgeon@yahoo.com please respond back

Thank you

Jared Turgeon

Previous Topic:Reuleaux Triangle Spheroforms
Next Topic:Mr. Robotman

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.