Exporting model from 3ds max 2010 and uploading model with textures problem

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by miguelsantiagoart, Mar 9, 2015.

1. I have 2 questions.

I have a rigged model in a pose and I want to export it to a vrml file. How do I export it with just the model with the pose and not the rig?

I have uploaded the same model to this site in dae file with textures but the textures does not show. I put the model and the textures in the zip file, am I missing something?

I am trying to see which format is better.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Could be that the model file still contains the original path names instead of just plain filenames for the texture files

3. I see, how do I fix this?

Ok I found a work around with exporting to vrml file with just the model in the pose but the right side of the model is a little messed up. It seems both 3ds Max and this site have some difficulty with my vrml file.

How come obj files can't be used for textured models, it would be so much easier if we could.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. AM15
    AM15 Member
  5. Thank you for your help. I have found a way to export with out the rig. The lower poly version looks good.
    625x465_3215965_9783404_1427850627.jpg

The textures show up but some parts of the higher poly version of the model looks like a burn victim. Those parts of the model loses it smoothness and becomes rough looking, not sure why.
    oh no!.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  6. AM15
    AM15 Member
    Yes, with the rendering to texture I have sthe same "burn victim" problem - the colors become dark. As my rendering is planar, I just switched the baked "burn victim" texture with the original one in photoshop. Silly but works for me.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  7. Yeah I do not have a problem with the texture anymore and I also use the texture from Photoshop as well. What I mean burn victim I mean the model it self. As you can see from the bottom pic Lizy face and as well as her right side of her body has a bit deformation making her look rough when she supposed to look smooth. I am trying to figure out why.