Home » Support » 3D Applications » Export to STL from within Sketchup
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Export to STL from within Sketchup [message #13149] Tue, 25 May 2010 00:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
After struggling for a long time see thread here
trying to find a plug-in that will allow a user to export to STL directly from within Sketchup AND ignore lots of errors at the same time. I have found this one: STL4SU

This seems to have been created in April 2010.

I have just recently tried this and it worked perfectly on a model that I knew to have errors and was giving me all kinds of trouble with other methods (except CadSpan that is still a good option).

Glenn

(Edit: CadSpan has a triangle limit. My latest model has 13000+ triangles and they won't accept it).

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2010 03:10 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Export to STL from within Sketchup [message #31206 is a reply to message #13149 ] Wed, 20 July 2011 16:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Swief  is currently offline Swief
Go to all my models
Hey there,

I am working on some models to 3D-print too, and will install the plug-in you suggest.

After reading the enormous thread with 'all' the options, I hope this one will work.

THANKS in advance!

Previous Topic:Sketchup design size problems
Next Topic:Units in Autodesk Maya

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.