Google analytics

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by janecreating, Feb 16, 2015.

1. janecreating
    janecreating Member

Dear support,

I have followed all the steps of your tutorial of connecting my shapeways shop to my Google analytic's account. It has been more than 24 hours now after I have connected it and I still don't see any data whatsoever on my analytic's page.

Please help.

Thank you,

Jane

2. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    I think Google Analytics says that it will need 48 hours to collect data before it updates.

My experience is that Google Analytics will only give high level information about Shapeways visits. It cannot give you details like where the visits are coming from, because you need to confirm you own the web site by embed code. And since I don't own the Shapeways web site, I haven't figured out how to let Google Analytics show me those data.

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Are you sure about that ? Looks more like a misunderstanding to me, unless the descriptions in the two shopowner tutorials about setting up and using Google Analytics are outdated. (Once again I do not really know what I am talking about, as I do not have a shop here, but just counting page views without even basic geolocation would seem pretty much pointless, and the aforementioned tutorials promise more than that)

4. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    I didn't say I was sure about that. I said I haven't figured out how to do it.

Where is the tutorials that you are talking about? They may indeed reveal how to do it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
  6. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    Sorry I did not get a chance to try integrating with Analytics again until tonight. I've been busy with taxes and many other things.

I went through the tutorials in the links provided. However, the tutorials did not provide any more information than what I have already performed in Google Analytics.

The problem I am having is that I cannot get details in "Search Engine Optimization", such as "Queries", "Landing Pages", and "Geographical Summary" like I can with my own web sites. When I click on these Google Analytics options, I get the following message:

This report requires Webmaster Tools to be enabled.
    Set up Webmaster Tools data sharing
    What is Webmaster Tools?
    Webmaster Tools is a free product that provides data and analytics to help improve your site's performance in Google search.
    Enabling Webmaster Tools data within Analytics
    Once you connect a site you own in Webmaster Tools to your Analytics property, its data becomes visible in your Search Engine Optimization reports. You can visit the Property Settings page in Analytics account management to change which of your Webmaster Tools sites' data you wish to show, and control which views on your Web Property have access to view the data.
    How to use Webmaster Tools data within Analytics
    Webmaster Tools provides data about what users see in Google search results before they decide to click to your site (or some other site). You can use this data to identify opportunities and prioritize development effort to increase the number of visitors to your site. Examples:

Identify landing pages on your site that have good clickthrough rates (CTR), but have poor average positions in search results. These could be pages that people want to see, but have trouble finding.
    Identify search queries (keywords) for which your site has good average positions, but poor click through rates. These are queries for which your pages get attention and improved content could lead to more visitors.