Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Customer interaction
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Customer interaction [message #12874] Fri, 14 May 2010 21:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
Personally, I miss interacting with my customers.

I would like to have the option to send a message to my customers. Currently, this requires asking CS to forward my message to the customer, not ideal.
This could be implemented by means of a form where I can enter my message. The message would then be sent (accompanied by a Shapeways disclaimer) by email or private messages. This would not disclose customer identity, the identity would only be disclosed if the customer replied. Only one such message would be available per order.
Re: Customer interaction [message #12907 is a reply to message #12874 ] Mon, 17 May 2010 05:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Just one question: with co-creator items, this communication is direct and encouraged. Why wouldn't be the case for regular items?
Re: Customer interaction [message #13834 is a reply to message #12874 ] Sun, 20 June 2010 18:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Even simpler: just disclose the buyer's Shapeways identity to the shop owner.

People are buying puzzles from my Oskar Puzzles shop. To my customers, it would make much sense that I could contact them and ask whether they would need any stickers with their puzzle.

How about an opt-out choice? If a customer wants to buy anonymously, then he/she could check this option. Most, products (puzzles, trains, art) are not privacy sensitive at all.

(And I do not see any 3D-printed sex toys in Shapeways Shops yet. Hey, a business opportunity!)

Oskar
icon12.gif  Re: Customer interaction [message #13835 is a reply to message #13834 ] Sun, 20 June 2010 19:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Quote:

(And I do not see any 3D-printed sex toys in Shapeways Shops yet. Hey, a business opportunity!)

I understand better why some of you want an option of "non-published links"
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Just kidding, obviously: I do not want to offence anyone.
Re: Customer interaction [message #13838 is a reply to message #12874 ] Sun, 20 June 2010 21:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I too wish for an option to interact with customers - perhaps as a private message not email.

Perhaps mostly to have the customer's opinion on the final product he received and ask him/her to send me pics of how the product
looks.

(we shop owners can not order a test of every single model we have.. nor with any different material available..)

So for ex: few customers bought my Kitchen stand for iPad in different
materials - such as alumide..

If customers read this, please send me a pic of how the product looks with your iPad - Thanks in advance.

Dizingof

http://www.3Dizingof.com

Previous Topic:Suggested feature: shop section gallery?
Next Topic:Can't savechanges to my model...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.