Home » Community » Introductions » First model! Check it out!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
First model! Check it out! [message #12106] Sun, 25 April 2010 20:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar ChrisWilmer  is currently offline ChrisWilmer
Go to my shop
I can't wait to see it printed out... I hope the tentacles don't break off!

http://www.shapeways.com/model/113783/alien_goddess___large_ version.html
Re: First model! Check it out! [message #12113 is a reply to message #12106 ] Mon, 26 April 2010 01:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
Welcome! That's a lovely piece. Hope to see it on the "It arrived!" forum before too long. Great to have this kind of talent lurking around here. Cheers!

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: First model! Check it out! [message #12185 is a reply to message #12106 ] Tue, 27 April 2010 08:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Looks awesome ! Cool

But the tentacles do seems quite fragile..
Are those solid and which diameter ?
Also what material is your aim, because glass or sandstone are probably way to fragile
And the packaging department is probably no going to be happy Wink

I can't tell from the model, but please make sure the center of mass is above your base, would be as shame if it toppled over..

Anyway, can't wait to see more of your work !

Cheers,
Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: First model! Check it out! [message #12333 is a reply to message #12185 ] Fri, 30 April 2010 02:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ChrisWilmer  is currently offline ChrisWilmer
Go to my shop
Hmm... it wouldn't be the first time I miscalculated the center of mass. I did extend the back of the base pretty far out.

Someday I want to buy this model in stainless steel, but for now I bought it in alumide.

Thanks for the feedback virtox... I just bought your gyrocube today, can't wait to play with it!

-Chris

Previous Topic:Just another newbie
Next Topic:Hi from Spain! First model here!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.