Home » Community » It arrived! » Polaroid Cube by OSKAR
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Polaroid Cube by OSKAR [message #12083] Sat, 24 April 2010 18:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Polaroid Cube was suggested by Landon Kryger. It is a hollow spherical 2x2x2 Rubik's Cube. However, instead of stickers, it uses polarizing filter. The object is to turn the puzzle and make all three directions opaque.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the puzzle from my Shapeways Shop.
Read more at the Twisty Puzzles Forum.
Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar

index.php?t=getfile&id=3398&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=3399&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=3400&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2010 15:16 UTC]

Re: Polaroid Cube [message #12226 is a reply to message #12083 ] Tue, 27 April 2010 14:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar srjskam  is currently offline srjskam
Go to my shop
Reiterating a dozen youtube-comments, but that's really quite an original idea.... Why is the polarizing sheet murky at the edges, is it glued or something..?
Re: Polaroid Cube [message #12244 is a reply to message #12226 ] Tue, 27 April 2010 18:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
I used cyano acrylic glue. Bad idea. The fumes settled on my finger prints, making them very visible. Law enforcement apparently use cyano acrylic fiumes to highlight fingerprints.

Oskar

Previous Topic:20 Sided Dice
Next Topic:Puzzle Heart!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.