Shop Coupons

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Stephen_Arsenault, Jan 8, 2015.

1. I think it would be a great promotional technique if we could generate coupons for specific models in our shop or even shop-wide!

2. MindsForge
    MindsForge Member
    I know this is old, but it seems like the post slipped through the cracks, I'll bump it with a hearty "I second this idea!"

I am looking into various advertising platforms and thought it would REALLY help to be able to offer coupons to the ad click visitors.

3. The response I received through support is that it would be too difficult to manage the hundreds or even thousands of coupons generated by shop owners.

However, I believe this is a misunderstanding on the part of the support member responding to my suggestion; I'm not recommending that they are applied by staff, but that a central database manages and authorizes the coupons, while the coupon percentages or discount totals are managed by a series of rules (i.e, you can only discount within your range of product margin. This would prevent Shapeways from footing the bill for someone elses 3D print)

4. MindsForge
    MindsForge Member
    Yes it does sound like they mis-understood, coupons are a programming problem not one that would overwhelm staffing. I am thinking of looking into the Shapeways API to make a simple storefront myself and then offer coupons, I honestly think coupons are one of the greatest ways to drive sales... (well... coupons convert ME into a sales statistic a lot of the time!)

I think in another thread someone said Etsy offered the coupon service to their sellers.

5. Yea, I tend to agree. My original intent was to create a urgency for a purchase, i.e., "saturday only coupons", etc. I think this would work well when complimented with an ad campaign!

6. ktizoid
    ktizoid Member
    Just a mechanism to adjust shop-wide markup by percentage would be handy. Then a shop owner could adjust their markup up or down for a time and then promote it as limited time offers or whatever.