Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11871] Mon, 19 April 2010 11:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Quote:

Note from Shapeways:

Dear Shop owners, Another month, and yes new payments! Herewith I send you your earnings up to the 15th of March. Together you are getting more and more successful. Soon we will share some extra tips to help you be even more successful. Kindly, Marleen CFO Shapeways
Your Shapeways earnings!

Any one else got lucky selling items from his/her shop over $30 in total ? Cool

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11872 is a reply to message #11871 ] Mon, 19 April 2010 11:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
i got just a little over the $30 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hehe Twisted Evil

thanx to all the wonderfull people buying my trains Embarassed

so this month again, we have money to buy new prototypes!
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11875 is a reply to message #11871 ] Mon, 19 April 2010 12:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Laughing

same here Cool

Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11894 is a reply to message #11871 ] Mon, 19 April 2010 17:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rawkstar320  is currently offline rawkstar320
Go to my shop
I am hoping to get some money on the next cycle, ive been working towards the $30 for a while...

haha.

Ive sold more in the past month than since I opened my shapeways shop though, so I suppose thats a good thing.

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Check out http://JakeDrews.Com and http://WondrousWidgets.Com for more designs by Jake!
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11896 is a reply to message #11871 ] Mon, 19 April 2010 17:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
My sales this year make me look like a business genius last year. 0 sales this year. Rolling Eyes

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11897 is a reply to message #11896 ] Mon, 19 April 2010 18:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar coines23  is currently offline coines23
Go to my shop
I've been doing okay. It helps to target a niche market.
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11899 is a reply to message #11896 ] Mon, 19 April 2010 18:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 17:58

My sales this year make me look like a business genius last year. 0 sales this year. Rolling Eyes

Basically if we think about who shapeways members are..
then its obvious most of us are 3D modelers.. novices to pros...
so one should ask him self would i buy a 3D model from another member.. and not simply sit down and design it my self...? Rolling Eyes

My opinion is.. until we see some critical mass of traffic to shapeways.com, a shop owner cant really expect to see serious sales...

Also, since "latest 3D designs uploaded" were removed from
shapeways front page - you don't get your models exposed as before unless surfer did extensive browsing through all the galleries and shops..

BTW, all my sales were from "Dock for iPhone":
http://www.shapeways.com/model/99403/dock_for_iphone.html

I assume this design has careful measurements and unique style + attractive price ... that drove members to order it ..and not simply try designing it for themselves.

What you guys think?

Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11903 is a reply to message #11871 ] Mon, 19 April 2010 19:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Well than you should owe me some kick back for advertising shapeways on AT&T's fan page Razz. I'm not worried about it though. 20 years from now I'll have forgotten about shapeways then A million dollar check will come in from my sales and I'll be like Yay.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11906 is a reply to message #11871 ] Mon, 19 April 2010 23:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Just checked, i am $2 short of the $30 mark.

so....

if anyone is feeling nice...maybe they could help me out and buy an awesome iPhone Movie Stand!

I really wish Shapeways offered embedding...because i think i would sell a LOT more

Check out http://JakeDrews.Com and http://WondrousWidgets.Com for more designs by Jake!
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11918 is a reply to message #11906 ] Tue, 20 April 2010 11:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Rawkstar,

Our developers are looking in to that. We will be offering embedding later this year!

And fyi: there are a members at Shapeways who can almost make a living already out of their sales Wink

Cheers, Ralph

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11919 is a reply to message #11918 ] Tue, 20 April 2010 12:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ralph,

i remember somebody telling me that they saw my shop in the top3 shop list or something?

but i can't really find a page where the top3 shops are listed?

--

but making your living out of selling @ shapeways Surprised wow i would love to have that one day!
having my own big office and sitting on a chair,, watching my people designing trains Very Happy
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11923 is a reply to message #11871 ] Tue, 20 April 2010 13:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
wow, thats crazy.

I suppose if you really really really put the work into it, you could make enough good models that would sell.

Imo, i really only have a few models worth buying, plus I dont really have a lot of outside advertising. soo...

The potential is deff there

Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11980 is a reply to message #11871 ] Wed, 21 April 2010 19:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Marleen  is currently offline Marleen
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi,

@ Jettuh, yeah and then next time we go to Siggraph we will see you arriving in a limo! Very Happy

Another Shapie will soon share some useful tips on how to sell more. But it's not just nice models, an extensive description of your model helps a lot in making it more easy to find.

Bye!
Marleen
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11993 is a reply to message #11923 ] Thu, 22 April 2010 08:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@Marleen, is there a helipad over there? Laughing Cool

i still have to make an extensive description for my models!

do you have an answer for the question about the top3 i asked? Embarassed
--

Rawkstar, the way i have made quite some money selling my models:

* make something that people want,, make something they really can use,, but can't find that kind somewhere else.

= i made dutch model trains which aren't for sell in the scale i made them (1:160)

* advertise/promote on websites/forums,, where the targeted public comes around.

= i promoted/showed my models on a big dutch modeltrains forum.

* by adding new designs on you shop,, and then promoting on the same website/forum the new design,, the people will see your post again, and with a bit of luck also new people that didn't see your post will be looking in your shop

= each time i'm creating a model, i show them some pictures of the WIP,, and ask what they want to see changed (most of the times they are allready happy to see the model is being made)

let me think,, do i have some more suggestions?
yeah just 1 i think Embarassed

* try expanding your market,, so not just uhh rings or trains,, but try new stuff,, the more diffrent things you sell,, the more people you attract Very Happy

= haven't done it yet myself,, but i'm thinking about what sort of market i can give a boost with my designs.
one of the things i came up was model airplanes,, like 1:150 or something.

i'm not going to tell you how much i sell atm,, but it's more as $50 Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

hope all people can use this message?
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11994 is a reply to message #11993 ] Thu, 22 April 2010 08:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
The top3 Shops Mitchell is talking about is from the shopowners newsletter of the 25 th of March Wink

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: YuuuPeee ! - my first shop sales payment [message #11995 is a reply to message #11871 ] Thu, 22 April 2010 08:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ArnoudV  is currently offline ArnoudV
Go to all my models
Hi guys!

This was in our shopowner newletter, but for everyone that doesn't know yet:

We put up a page with some great tips to promote your shop.
Click here to check it out!

Cheers,
Arnoud

Previous Topic:How can I sell big models?
Next Topic:Reprise: Markup as percentage of Material dependant pricing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.