Home »  » 3D Design » blender and cm centiemeters
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
blender and cm centiemeters [message #641] Tue, 05 August 2008 21:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar janis  is currently offline janis
Go to all my models

uu.. how do i see the size of objects?

i'm every new to blender.. but if i wanna make hole of 0,8cm how do i do this..

graag antwoord ook in het Nederlands voor het geval ik het engels niet begrijp Smile..
Re: blender and cm centiemeters [message #645 is a reply to message #641 ] Wed, 06 August 2008 00:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar andre.bois  is currently offline andre.bois
Go to my shop
There are no units in Blender.
Typically for Shapeways works, I do the the modelling with 1 blender unit = 1 cm, that works well.
Then I scale the objects by 0.01 to be able to feed an .STL file in meters.

Easy to do with precision in Blender :
just select you objects, then type 'S' then '0.01' then enter.

PS: I just saw that the upload page now allow to select meters or millimeters as units, so you may get away by using 1 blender unit = 1 millimeter, without the need for rescale.

PPS: if you question is how to see the units in Blender :
Type 'N' when mouse is over a 3D window : a little popup will appear, look for the DimX DimY DimZ values. And use the grid with visual reference too.
I often create a simple plane in A4 dimensions, to have a rough size reference aside my 3D scene.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2008 00:28 UTC]

Re: blender and cm centiemeters [message #654 is a reply to message #645 ] Wed, 06 August 2008 07:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
thx

i type s and just put 1 and hit enter..

next i type n i get Transfrom properties

scalex,y,z : -2.062
dimx,y,z: 4.124

what does this say these values?
Re: blender and cm centiemeters [message #732 is a reply to message #654 ] Fri, 08 August 2008 00:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar andre.bois  is currently offline andre.bois
Go to my shop
dimx,y,z: 4.124 means that your object is a bit more that 4 units in width, length, height.
Shapeways now allows to select if your units are millimeters or meters or inches.
Re: blender and cm centiemeters [message #752 is a reply to message #732 ] Fri, 08 August 2008 14:37 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
oke i understand now.. i just use the dim for my 8mm

Previous Topic:Weird Rendering
Next Topic:Part 3: Configurations & Modular Design

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.