Home »  » Introductions » Hello from St.Petersburg
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello from St.Petersburg [message #11150] Sat, 27 March 2010 01:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar svofski  is currently offline svofski
Go to all my models
Just saying hi! Probably a new blip on your destinations map. And here's hoping that Strong & Flexible is not merely a decorative object material as the disclaimer says Wink
Re: Hello from St.Petersburg [message #11155 is a reply to message #11150 ] Sat, 27 March 2010 08:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Schorhr  is currently offline Schorhr
Go to my shop
Welcome!
The material is defenatly more then just decorative Smile What are you planning on using it for?
Re: Hello from St.Petersburg [message #11156 is a reply to message #11150 ] Sat, 27 March 2010 12:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you!

I'm printing hinges for a little robot I'm planning to make, bearing housings. Stuff that I could make myself from scraps but it would take too much effort to do them manually. I noticed that some people go as far as printing the entire mech assemblies, in pieces or even fully assembled. But from the results so far it appears that for a reliable mechanism it's better to trust the actual friction to real bearings, while printed parts make great flanges, housings etc.
Re: Hello from St.Petersburg [message #11171 is a reply to message #11156 ] Sat, 27 March 2010 21:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Schorhr  is currently offline Schorhr
Go to my shop
I'dd suggest you look at some of the reprap parts, and mechaincal parts in the shops... The material is just awesome ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUlmsLe12Y )

Even though it is sandy to the touch, rotating parts move better then I expected. Of course it still has its limits, and for some parts other materials offered may be a better solution. My suggestion: Order some test parts first Smile
Re: Hello from St.Petersburg [message #11175 is a reply to message #11171 ] Sat, 27 March 2010 23:22 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Thanks, I looked and I asked around. Just to make it a sure shot I made my "test" parts very generous in wall thicknesses and all.. I want to see the material in the first place, that's something pictures and words can't really explain. Can't wait!

Previous Topic:3d modeling solidworks 3d print 3d modeler
Next Topic:Hi from Utah

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.