which material is best

Discussion in 'Finishing Techniques' started by 690356_deleted, Dec 12, 2014.

1. I need to have a model made up from a file that I have had drawn up for me. In order to find out if the file works in three dimensions I thought I could get the model made in the cheapest but strongest material. If it is correct i would want to I take a silicone mould from it for future repeats. Could anyone advise as to which of shapeways materials would suit my requirements. As I am also wanting to imitate a wasp nest texture in the final cast piece do any of the materials have this kind of pulped paper/ lined and layered effect in their finish.
    The file is of a circular honey comb lid shape which will be joined to a spun body section. The dimensions are roughly 6.5cm in diameter at the top tapering to 5.5cm at the base section. The lid is hollow with an open bottom section and thickness overall is 3mm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hello

One of my friend read your post and he will provide u the best solution soon.,

3. Many thanks. i look forward to his advice.

4. Who is your friend? Is he the member of this community? If he knows the answer then should give the solution soon as it will be helpful for other members also.

5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Think that was just a spam bot (doing SEO spam for some 2d printshop if I remember correctly)...