Modu?lus - customizable modular jewelry

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by JoyComplex, Dec 11, 2014.

1. JoyComplex
    JoyComplex Active Member
    With all the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, custom orders and overall holiday hoopla recently I completly forgot to show you all my newest line of jewelry.

It is called "Modūlus" and I am very excited about it. Modūlus jewelry is configurable by customers and will be open to designers. It is the worlds first modular custom jewelry system. The key to modūlus are the connectors – viro (male) and virino (female). From these basic parts anything is possible. Rings literally snap together to match your mood, your outfit, your own style. Pendants morph into new colors and textures. Rough metals nestle with soft polished metals.

Right now there are two pieces in the collection - Bando and Triangulo.

Variations on the classic band make up the first collectionof Bando. Even with simple building blocks pleasing rings can take shape that match any mood and any style. Different bands have different modūlus conectors. Bando can be configured in over 1,700 ways.

Here are a few configurations:

[​IMG]
    Bando Viro (14k Rose Gold) + Duoble Granda Viro (Polished Silver) + Granda Bando Viro (14k Gold)
    [​IMG]
    Granda Bando Viro + Bando Virino
    [​IMG]
    Granda Bando Virino + Bando Viro

Right now there are eight different Bando:

• Bando Viro – a 1mm band with two Viro connectors
    • Bando Virino – a 1 mm band with two Virino cavities
    • Duoble Viro – a 1 mm band with four Viro connectors
    • Duoble Virino – a 1 mm band with four Virino cavities
    • Granda Bando Viro – a 2 mm band with two Viro connectors
    • Granda Bando Virino – a 2 mm band with two Virino cavities
    • Duoble Granda Viro – a 2 mm band with four Viro connectors
    • Duoble Granda Virino – a 2 mm band with four Virino cavities

These eight rings give a large number of possible style combinations fit for every style at any budget.

However, to show what is possible with modūlus, I created a showcase piece of the first collection: Triangulo. It shows what is possible though more complex implementation of the viro and virino. This ring can be configured in over 286 ways.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have some more pieces in various stages of development and hope to update the modūlus section of my shop soon. I'd love to hear what you all think!

2. Sloris
    Sloris Member
    Great concept and execution. Looking forward to seeing more combos :)

3. aimeemoyer
    aimeemoyer Shapeways Employee Ecommerce Team
    Ohh, I just LOVE these!!

4. JoyComplex
    JoyComplex Active Member
    Thanks @Sloris and @Aimeemoyer!

I just realized that I forgot to put a link to the section in my shop!

Here is the LINK.

5. ostara
    ostara Member
    That's really nice!! Really like the concept and great execution!

6. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    Very nice! I love the combination of shine and texture.

7. JoyComplex
    JoyComplex Active Member
    Thanks! I keep meaning to add some more designs too, but you know how it goes. Just when you are about to start, something else pulls you away. I just need to take some time and turn off the internet and get working!