What happended to the shapeways service department?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by renehagen, Nov 25, 2014.

1. renehagen
    renehagen Member
    Are there more people who have trouble reaching shapeways service people?

My model was planned to be delivered in 10 days but that was 21 days ago. I have reached out to the service departement twice but I do not get any response from them. I have seen my model get the production status 3 times now but no further notifications of what is happening.

The feedback to the customers should be improved. I do not know what is happening and I get no replies on my emails.

I must say I am very sceptical about the message I see appearing now on the product pages

This option will ship in time for the holidays!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    What's your order number?

3. renehagen
    renehagen Member

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    stop reaching out.... just ask 'em and they might give a straight answer...

from a very recent Shapeways email;
    " I wanted to reach out to see if I can have permission to "

ffs... has PC come to the point where someone cannot just say;

"can have permission to "

Means the same without any fluff... fluffy ppls are fluffy ppls

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Alright I got the low down on what's going on. 1) Service has been super busy lately. Currently at 48 hour response times. BUT you should be hearing from an agent shortly. 2) Your part has been in production 3 times. And broke 3 times in polishing.

6. renehagen
    renehagen Member
    Thanks for getting back to me. This is useful.

I do hope that I will be contacted since there are parts in this order that I rather leave unpolished if they cause the order to be re-processed several times.

I do not think the current response time is 48 hours (at least not for me) since my email is from 20 November.

For me it would be a great addition if I would get some notification when re-production is needed (and why) in the future. Maybe you can consider this.

Thanks again for the assistance and I will await the agent contact.

7. Youknowwho4eva
    You said you emailed 3 times with no response, each email sends you to the bottom of the que again. This could be a reason for the delay.

I agree on the notifications, and it's be suggested before. Check the suggestions section, and if you can't find an existing post, start a new one.

8. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    This sounds like a rather weird setup, something that will work well only as long as it is not actually needed. Surely there must be better ways to safeguard against irate users who send ten emails per hour until they tear themselves apart ? Resending an email after several times the advertised reaction period has passed without an answer seems like a natural and sensible thing to do, at the very least you could include a warning on the contact page.

9. Youknowwho4eva
    If they tear themselves a part, they no longer need help. Kidding of course. I don't know why it's like that, just what I've been told. I'll see if I can find out why.

10. drloris
    drloris Well-Known Member
    I have to agree with this. It's not like emails never disappear.

Perhaps you could set up "We've received your email and we will get back to you. Sending further emails will reset your position to the end of the queue." and "We are working through the queue and still intend to respond; there are X messages ahead of yours" emails. It's the total absence of information which is so disturbing when you're waiting for something.

11. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Well if you send a new email it won't truncate them and a new ticket is created every time
    But if you reply on your own sent email, it's being added to the already existing ticket in our system and the "requester updated" information suddenly shows its a new email.

Normally this won't be a problem, without the backlog you won't drop as far in the queue as you would now.

Just FYI: currently the oldest "new" case (no reply from us yet) is 30 hours old.
    I expect us to be back on track in the next few days.

12. renehagen
    renehagen Member
    I only sent 2 emails.

The first one 7 days after I had received an email that there was a "slight delay".

The second one 4 days later

It sure should be possible to make inquiries if shapeways is not updating you anymore on your order. I would expect to stay in the same queue position.

13. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Oldest email that hasn't received an answer yet (1st email) is currently 6 hours and 24minutes old.

Note that if you did receive a reply and are waiting for a second reply (ans thus assigned to an agent), our NY team had Thanksgiving yesterday so they are working hard to catch up with their assigned emails right now.

14. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Mass flue happened! =)))

15. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    What!

They all went Up in Smoke?