N Scale parts required

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 669958_deleted, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Looking for someone to assist at this stage to see if my project is worth designing/considering. I wish to have made a 12mm wide conveyor truss, complete with supports for 6mm walkways, both sides, which will be integrated with metal etched walkways and handrails. Not sure if this is feasible due to the small size. Let me know your thoughts.

2. NikkruGadgets
    NikkruGadgets Well-Known Member
    If you want to print it in steel, you'd have to consider that the wall or wire thickness would have to be at least 1mm, so it would help to see a picture.
    Or in other words, being N-scale, if the thinnest real life beam is fine with being at least 160mm thick, or you don't mind it being thicker then the actual real life model, it can be done.

3. Christmas%20Creek%20Mine%20-%20Runs%2024%20hours%20a%20day,%207%20Days%20a%20week87.jpg cape-lambert-3.jpg
    This is all new to me. Hopefully the photos have come through.

4. NikkruGadgets
    NikkruGadgets Well-Known Member
    Do I understand it correctly that it is several hundred meters long, and you want to print it as 12mm? I'm afraid printing steel, you won't fit that amount of details into that scale.

Or do you want that center frame-work as seen in the second picture being 12mm wide and 6mm thick?
    That is very possible, although the members would have to be thicker than in the real life example