Product for sale showing renders of materials not available for purchase

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by BrettWoodard, Aug 16, 2014.

1. BrettWoodard
    BrettWoodard Member
    One of my products is showing renders in all colors of ceramics. However, I do not have ceramics selected as a purchase option. The model cannot even be printed in ceramics because the model checker says it is too small. Is there any way for me to stop these renders from being displayed? Screen Shot provided and link to product are below.

Thank you
    -Brett

Link to product: http://shpws.me/tkJD
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Browser: Firefox 31.0

Shapeways Bug Report on Product.png

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  2. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Those materials are under NOT FOR SALE. It's working (= owners see "everything"), but it's not clear (too many confused owners). Use one of the multiple tricks to see what customers see, and you will see the difference.

3. BrettWoodard
    BrettWoodard Member
    Stannum, thank you for your reply, however:

This bug also exists when the product is viewed by someone else or when I am logged out of Shapeways. Please see the screen shot below of the product from when I am not logged into Shapeways.

Link to Product: http://shpws.me/tkJD
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Browser for this screen shot: Google Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143 m

Bug Report Not Logged into Shapeways.PNG

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  4. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Oh, yes, the side selectors disappear, but the images stay in the scroller. You are right, there is a problem. And there is no render for FCS, what a mess. Did you type "Add a caption..." in the last render (just before the 3d anim) or is that also a bug?

5. BrettWoodard
    BrettWoodard Member
    I did not type "add a caption..." for that product. However, I just changed it to say something else and it removed the canned caption. I believe there is no render of Full Color Sandstone (FCS) because actual pictures of the product in FCS are provided.

Does anyone know how to remove Shapeways generated renders of a product that are not available for sale from a listing?

-Brett

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Yeah this is a bug :(
    Let me report it for you tomorrow ;) (I'm currently moving to a new apartment)

7. BrettWoodard
    BrettWoodard Member
    Mitchell,

Thank you for verifying and submitting the bug report.

-Brett

8. BrettWoodard
    BrettWoodard Member
    Mitchell,

This product is now showing only the correct renders. Thank you for fixing the issue.

-Brett