3D Printed Pokemon

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by nylarac, Aug 7, 2014.

1. nylarac
    nylarac Member
    Currently, I just have diglett, mudkip, and tropius for sale but I'm hoping to get my bastiodon design working as soon as possible. I'm definitely going to be making more of these, feel free to request/ask questions!! My shop is here.
    Feedback would be highly appreciated. ^^

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    I see couple problems here:

1, although they look like pokemons that you wanted to create, they are still too low poly model and these polygons probably will be visible in printed models. And i think that this is not what you want, or is it?
    2. Did you try make them in color? At least i would prefer to see some of them in color

3. copyright? You need to be prepared that if you try to sell these, they will be taken down from SW due to copyright. I presume that you do dont have approval from pokemon owner, i might be wrong....

3. nylarac
    nylarac Member
    1. I am fine with the polygons being visible.
    2. I did, but I can't figure out how to make it so that they are available in color on here. Still very new at this.
    3. I didn't think that this would really be a problem since people sell clay versions/artwork of pokemon all the time and I haven't heard of any copyright issues. I will look into that though.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    2. What software are you using? Maybe we can get you some help?
    3. Copyright owners won't go after street vendors, or even small sights. They all watch out for big bad 3D printing though.

Feature this is for printed models only, so I'm moving you to work in progress.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  5. nylarac
    nylarac Member
    2. I'm using 3D tin. I kind of figured it out? But I'm having a problem with it. My designs have problems which I have corrected using another website, but it can't convert DAE files, and I need to have my DAE files corrected for them to be able to print in color.
    3. I don't really think they'll go after a teenager just make figurines for a few dollars but if they do I guess I'll just take it down then.

6. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    2. my standard answer could that you can download Blender 3D. It can convert file for you (and much more)...

3. I didnt say they will go after you. Just that they will take down your model anytime they decide...