Adding many tags all together to our products.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by SYMBOLICA, Aug 6, 2014.

1. SYMBOLICA
    SYMBOLICA Member
    So how to put many tags in a product without adding it one by one and wasting time?

I actually one day got pissed of by putting them one by one and made a discovery hehe.

So here is how to put many tags easily and quickly in one product:

Make your list with your keywords separated by comma, i have a base with the keywords that represent my shop best , like symbol jewelry etc, and then i add some special keywords that describe my jewelry product in the list.

example:

symbol jewelry,symbolic jewelry,symbolica jewelry,3D Printed Jewelry,accessories,adornment,Ancient ,beautiful,brilliant,glamour,creative,design,designer jewelry,elegance,everyday jewelry,fashion,gift idea ,golden,jewelry

Now copy all the keywords from your list, i make this job by having different text files with keywords to select and use in future products.

Go to your product and paste your keywords in the first box, all of them, or sometimes maybe less, i have found that it saves them sometimes and sometimes not. Experiment with the number of keywords you add each time if you are going to have any problem saving your product page.

Save changes, and reload your page/refresh it.

Boom, all the tags are separated and in alphabetic order.

Have fun putting your tags :)

2. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    WOW, Thanks!

-TESTED-, it works!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  3. SYMBOLICA
    SYMBOLICA Member
    Hi HOLDEN8702, thank you for your reply. I hope this guide will cover your needs.

4. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    Hello,

I tried to do this. But it does NOT work here unfortunately.
    The pages gets even frozen.

I'm using Firefox, maybe that's the problem.
    On the other hand the comma-procedure works pretty good on other websites I have. It seems that the whole interface at Shapeways is far from evolved properly.

Adding text (what's wrong with a WYSIWYG mode?), organizing pictures and product order is also very troublesome here.

Regards,
    Maurice
    RAILNSCALE

5. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Hi, Maurice.

I'm using firefox too and it has work perfectly some times. Last time yesterday night.

Regards

Luis

6. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    Hello Luis,

I have tried it now in different ways.

Appearantly there is a limit on the amount of tags you can add devided by commas. About 5 tags seems to be the maximum. It seems that the editor does not like accents in words so much, because then even less tags can be added at once...

So it works almost. At least a lot better than typing everything separately.

Regards,
    Maurice

7. BioSpawn
    BioSpawn Member
    This. This is my biggest pet peeve. Any way to just have a single box where I can put them all and either a space or comma indicates a separation between tags? This workaround seems archaic at best.

Thanks!

8. SYMBOLICA
    SYMBOLICA Member
    I would really love also something more easy-out for this theme.

9. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    How about a "tag tool" spreadsheet you could download to set and view all of your tags at one time instead of setting them model by model?

10. SYMBOLICA
    SYMBOLICA Member
    Yes that's a good idea, models export/Import in CVS/Excel etc. You make the changes and upload it again, that's the right kind of thing to be established.

11. DBTops
    DBTops Well-Known Member
    Thanks for the tip, I'm relived.

12. SYMBOLICA
    SYMBOLICA Member
    Good to know :) Enjoy.