Stumped on this Upload Error

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Tresob, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    Okay, so I'm pretty stumped on this one. I have a render that absolutely refuses to upload correctly at all.

I'm using SketchUp and uploading the render as a DAE file.

It's supposed to look like this:

finhead1.png

(Sorry about all those ugly stray lines...I get a lot of fracturing when I intersect shapes in SketchUp, and I've been manually repairing the fractures and erasing the excess. I really need to start using a grown-up application...)

What I end up with, however, is this:

finhead2.PNG

a sliver of a wall and a solid disc (which is actually supposed to be the hollow port for the minifig's head peg).

I've been going over the model millimeter by millimeter correcting little gaps here and there for hours (italics for lamentation), but I'm not seeing much improvement.

Thoughts on what's happening or how to solve this mystery more efficiently?

2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  3. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    Thanks for responding. I'm so reckless for not using Netfabb all of the time.

Oddly enough, when I import the .dae into Meshlab, it comes up exactly like the way it uploads into Shapeways...so I'm not sure how I can repair that...

4. numarul7
    pm me the file

if you can export it to OBJ will be better to check

5. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    UPDATE:

I tried exporting the .dae and then re-importing the .dae back into SketchUp, and the same problem emerges...evidently something is going wrong with the exporting into .dae...

6. numarul7
    Same thing it is valid for the .obj

Looks like not all parts are selected when exported.

7. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    Fixed it using thomthom's CleanUp3 from Sketchucation! Phew!

8. numarul7
    Glad you fixed it!