Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails... [message #94928] Tue, 29 July 2014 20:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hey Shapeways,

I DO like that you're informing me when a model's material status has gone from 'First to Try' to successfully printed, but maybe you could only send those emails for models that are available for sale, or viewable by the public? A lot of my orders include custom orders for customers on this end, and I don't particularly need to be barraged with dozens of emails every time I place an order with these models (which will only be ordered the one time anyway).

Once again, I do like that we're being informed of this; I just think/hope there's a better way to inform us than this, which is going to be a real bother.

• Attachment: emails.jpg
    (Size: 239.56KB, Downloaded 37 time(s))

Re: So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails... [message #94977 is a reply to message #94928 ] Wed, 30 July 2014 20:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gregd  is currently offline gregd
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey PeregrineStudios-

Thanks for pointing this out! When we launched First To Try we wanted to make sure every time one of your models went from First to Try to Product, we celebrated with you. You're right though, it's a bit spammy when you win the Product lotto all at once. We're working on consolidating these now so you'll get a rollup of all your affected models when an order ships.

Cheers!
Greg

Shapeways Product Manager
Re: So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails... [message #94982 is a reply to message #94977 ] Wed, 30 July 2014 20:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
gregd wrote on Wed, 30 July 2014 20:05

When we launched First To Try we wanted to make sure every time one of your models went from First to Try to Product, we celebrated with you.

Now you are making this sound as if you expected this to be a rare and noteworthy event. I can almost envisage PW handing out diplomas at a yearly model graduation ceremony... *snicker*
Re: So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails... [message #94984 is a reply to message #94982 ] Wed, 30 July 2014 21:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gregd  is currently offline gregd
Go to my shop
I work here
Diplomas ceremonies rollout next week! In all seriousness, we recognize it's not so rare (hence your 12 consecutive e-mails!) so combining them into a digest should be coming soon.

Shapeways Product Manager
Re: So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails... [message #95014 is a reply to message #94982 ] Thu, 31 July 2014 07:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
mkroeker wrote on Wed, 30 July 2014 20:35

Now you are making this sound as if you expected this to be a rare and noteworthy event

Yes and no, it's not a rare event that you get this email.
However receiving 12 of them at the same time is :)

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails... [message #95064 is a reply to message #95014 ] Thu, 31 July 2014 20:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar numarul7  is currently offline numarul7
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
Better to have them all staked in one email like a list or something for multiple products.

numarul7 jewelry and design
Re: So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails... [message #95364 is a reply to message #95064 ] Tue, 05 August 2014 14:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
numarul7 wrote on Thu, 31 July 2014 20:34

Better to have them all staked in one email like a list or something for multiple products.

I think that's what he said they would be trying, so hopefully all shall be well!

Previous Topic:Print success rate showing for unavailable materials?
Next Topic:Shapeways Insiders - The New Beta Group - SIGN UP!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.