CSV download not finishing

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by tebee, Jul 25, 2014.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    When I try to do the new CSV download it appears never to finish, I just sit and wait for a few mins but never get anything downloaded.

Have tried on win 8 and XP with both Chrome Version 37.0.2062.44 beta-m and firefox 31

Is this just me? have I too much in my shop !

Tom

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I was able to download mine, but was unable to download yours. So I'll report.

The theory is that it's a timeout due to a large number of models. Either way it's on the list to be fixed!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  3. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I'll just have to stop designing so many models...................... [​IMG]

4. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I'm now starting to have the same problem with the sales overview download - have I sold too much too now ?

It does seem to work sometimes, probably about 50% of the time so maybe I'm just about on the limit.

Tom

5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Your real troubles will start only when you know too much...
    (My guess is you are just experiencing another manifestation of the recent load spikes due to new model rendering code, automatic thin walls test being run for all conceivable materials, people actually using the thin wall fixing mode on non-trivial geometry)

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Tebee, devs are unable to reproduce? what are your system specs and browser?

7. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Main machine is a windows 8.1 laptop intel i5 1.7 mHz 16 GB ram, but I've also tried it on the XP machine which is twin xeon processors with 8GB ram ( yes I know it doesn't use it all)

Main browser is Chrome Version 37.0.2062.44 beta-m but I've also tried it in firefox 31

Chrome is just updating itself, I'll try again after.

Tom

8. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
  9. Youknowwho4eva
    Sorry I was unclear. model CSV is repeated and being investigated. They're also looking into your sales sheet, that one hasn't failed for them.

10. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Ah -the problem with that is that is wasn't reliably failing, if you see what I mean . Failed twice, then worked once then failed again the next time. I think has worked every time since.

I suppose it could just have been down to server load at the time as someone suggested. It's not as big as the CSV file, only has about half the number of lines, though it has more info each line

Tom

11. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I've just downloaded the CSV file on one of my secondary ID's. Looking at it I noticed it now has a line for each material in each model whether it is for sale or not, whereas before it only had a line for the materials available to the public.

Now, given that I have about 1,500 models in my shop and there are 40 ish materials that means the resulting file is going to contain over 60,000 lines.

It's hardly surprising it's timing out and failing when I try to run it.

Could we have an option to just download the available materials ? Even if this breaks the new changed upload I would like to get back the option to check markups on my models as trying to do them one by one is impossible for me.

Tom

12. Youknowwho4eva
    That is one of the currently proposed "solutions"

13. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Well now you've fixed the CSV the sales download has stopped working again for me.

Is this a timeout problem ? the whole site seems very slow for me tonight - everybody fixing things !

Tom

14. Youknowwho4eva
    There has been a lot of load on the system lately. Hopefully to be resolved soon

15. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I retried it a 3:30 am in the morning and it worked - I too guess it was just load problems.

Tom

16. KokodaTrailModels
    KokodaTrailModels Well-Known Member
    My "Sales Overview Download.xls" is having the same issue. When I try to download the file it just goes to a blank webpage or a download error page. This is with both Firefox and Internet Explorer (Latest Versions). I am on Windows 7. Haven't had issues before until two days ago.

Jeremy.

17. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    It's working fine for me.. it does take about 20 seconds to start downloading, but then I get the file just fine. (my file is 798kb)

Try it again after a bit, and please report back if it's still having trouble.

18. KokodaTrailModels
    Still not working for me. I let it load for 45 minutes. Just doesn't load / download. It's not a big deal, but it's good to know the details of what has been bought and in what quantity and so on.

19. KokodaTrailModels
    I still can't access my sales overview spreadsheet. Is nobody else having issues? I've tried three different browsers at 100.0Mb/second. It just doesn't download.

20. KokodaTrailModels
    Wow, not a single response. I'm not feeling the love here anymore. I wonder if CG Trader has CSV file issues.