Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Print success rate showing for unavailable materials?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Print success rate showing for unavailable materials? [message #94722] Fri, 25 July 2014 13:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Was checking on the new print success rate for my models and noticed that on one, it had a print success rate for a material that's never been available to the public and I have not ordered myself.

So does this mean -

1: The print success rate isn't reliable.

or

2: Someone's printed off copies of my model without me knowing about it - presumably multiple times as the rate was 87.5 % which suggests 7 from 8 attempts working.

Tom

Re: Print success rate showing for unavailable materials? [message #94723 is a reply to message #94722 ] Fri, 25 July 2014 13:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Could be either a typo during data entry at shapeways (transposed digits in a model number), or internal test prints possibly following a discussion you had with them. Probably best to contact shapeways service directly, giving the model number - they should be able to find out which order if any was behind this.
Re: Print success rate showing for unavailable materials? [message #94735 is a reply to message #94723 ] Fri, 25 July 2014 15:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Interesting.

Could you share the model ID?

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Print success rate showing for unavailable materials? [message #94738 is a reply to message #94735 ] Fri, 25 July 2014 15:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
This is the page it shows up on

https://www.shapeways.com/model/pricing/1728597#6

There is a figure for BSF which it's never been available in.

Tom
Re: Print success rate showing for unavailable materials? [message #95272 is a reply to message #94738 ] Mon, 04 August 2014 19:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kzasada  is currently offline kzasada
Go to my shop
I work here
Tebee: take a look at that model now. We had an issue last week where some models in black & other colors of strong & flexible polished were incorrectly inheriting the print success rate from white strong & flexible. Since they are dyed, they do not share a print success rate as it is only across models with identical production processes. I just checked the model you posted, and it only appears it was printed in white strong & flexible. If you see anything else that looks odd, please let us know!
Re: Print success rate showing for unavailable materials? [message #95275 is a reply to message #95272 ] Mon, 04 August 2014 19:25 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Ok it's right now - was wondering if it was something like that, but it wasn't the same as the WSF rate, though in the same ballpark.

Tom

Previous Topic:Photos are rearranged in the new look with "first to try"
Next Topic:So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.