Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Why am I turning OFF materials?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Why am I turning OFF materials? [message #94681] Thu, 24 July 2014 20:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways,

Just now, I've begun listing a new item. The new way the product interface is structured is a little odd, but everything new is odd at first, right? I'm sure I'll get used to it. What I WON'T get used to is, instead of going through a list of materials and turning ON the ones I want, instead I find myself going through the list turning OFF all the materials I DON'T want.

I'm sorry, but this is just so silly. If I design a ring in stainless steel, I shouldn't need to go turn OFF every other material in every possible one-by-one (there was no 'Disable All' button that I could find). This is just a little ridiculous - I do hope a 'Disable All' button is in the works, and very very soon!
Re: Why am I turning OFF materials? [message #94686 is a reply to message #94681 ] Thu, 24 July 2014 20:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sorry, but what?? Unless there is some new bug, the All Materials ON default was changed MONTHS ago.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Why am I turning OFF materials? [message #94687 is a reply to message #94686 ] Thu, 24 July 2014 20:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Very strange. Unless... This model was UPLOADED months ago, I bet THAT'S it! In fact I think it was uploaded before they changed the product page layout (it took me a while to get to it!). I bet that's what happened here.
Re: Why am I turning OFF materials? [message #94690 is a reply to message #94687 ] Thu, 24 July 2014 21:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What is VERY odd here is that the same model should have been caught by the "Swatch Optimization" of a couple of weeks ago, where they turned OFF several materials in an effort to undo the previous auto-selection.

If you find any other models with such a condition, I'd suggest you send the Model# to service@shapeways.com so that it can be reviewed.. just in case there is something else going awry.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Why am I turning OFF materials? [message #94754 is a reply to message #94690 ] Fri, 25 July 2014 17:42 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hmmm, that does sound a little odd then. I'll have a look through and see if I find any others.

Previous Topic:Time for a rant
Next Topic:Selling items in Gold

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.