Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » shop categories don't work
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
shop categories don't work [message #9767] Tue, 09 February 2010 16:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
When I click on the "shop categories" links in my shop (say, "Art" or "Sculpture"), the link takes me to the Gallery page. This cannot be the intended behavior; I was expecting to see a list of the items in my shop corresponding to the selected category. I get the same behavior in other people's shops. Something is wrong.

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: shop categories don't work [message #9816 is a reply to message #9767 ] Wed, 10 February 2010 17:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pp  is currently offline pp
Go to all my models
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
This is not how it should work.

We will follow up on this

Peter Paul

Re: shop categories don't work [message #9963 is a reply to message #9767 ] Mon, 15 February 2010 14:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar eriks  is currently offline eriks
Go to my shop
I work here
There seems to be a little mixup.

shop categories denote in which category the shop falls.

Next to that you have shop sections in which you can sub classify your models for easier browsing for potential customers.

You can create these shop sections by going to the shop edit page and adding them, the place to do that is right above shop categories.

You can then add models to these sections by going to their model details page and using the "Shop Sections:" element to add it to the sections you've created.

I will certainly admit that the difference between shop sections and shop categories can be confusing, This is something we should communicate better, a big point on our to-do list for sure.
Re: shop categories don't work [message #9969 is a reply to message #9963 ] Mon, 15 February 2010 19:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Call them shop categories and product categories, for example.
Re: shop categories don't work [message #9982 is a reply to message #9969 ] Mon, 15 February 2010 20:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
Just remove shop categories. They do not help in finding items. There are far too many shops, and too many items. E.g., as of today, there are 99 stores that are "Art" stores. How does this help me find what I want? It's like the Yellow Pages approach -- for non-US folks, an old paper phone directory. Search has completely superseded the categories approach. Just give us better search.

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: shop categories don't work [message #9992 is a reply to message #9982 ] Tue, 16 February 2010 01:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Dittoes to removing shop categories! People don't shop by "shop", they shop by item.

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com

Previous Topic:Shop sorting : it works ! (?)
Next Topic:Co-Creator Volume

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.