Need help asap

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 573759_deleted, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Desperation is no good substitute for information - what exactly is it that you want ?
    IF you want this part made on an industrial-grade prototyping printer in one of the materials shapeways offers (probably either the "strong and flexible" sintered nylon - durable but with rough and porous surface, or the "white detail" acrylic - smoother but not as sturdy), just use the download button on that thingiverse page to get the dataset, use the upload button on shapeways to get an instant quote, select material, enter delivery and payment information and wait approximately a week.
    IF you are hoping for someone to make it for you for free on their filament-based home printer, either look for a "hackerspace" or similar shared workspace for tinkerers near you, or at least let us know where you are - it will probably not help when some kind soul on the other side of the globe does the printing for you and then shipping becomes an expensive hassle.
    IF you are really really desperate and need the part yesterday, look for rapid prototyping businesses in your local area (and be prepared to pay much more as they will run their printer for just your part alone, while shapeways (and their several competitors) accumulate individual orders to optimize printer utilization.

2. I live in the western part of NY. Of course I am not asking someone to print these for free. I am willing to pay for them. I was just hoping someone on here had a 3D printer and could print me about 5 or 10 them. As long as the material is solid white plastic I would be happy.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. mkroeker
    "on here" is the customer forum of a major 3d printing service that happens to be based in NY, hence my questions and suggestions.

4. So can anyone help me out?

5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Goto the Files section of that item on Thingverse
    download LCD_Outline.stl

On the Shapeways Site, click "Design" then 'Upload"
    Then click "Select FIle" .... and pick the file you downloaded above.

After a few checks, the page will tell you if it is purchasable or not.
    Click "View Product"
    and then select White,Strong Flexible
    then click "Buy Now"
    Click on your Cart, and change the quantity to 10.
    ... follow the rest of the directions to checkout.

6. Yeah I did that. I just can't afford to pay $22.00 per piece. That's why I was hoping someone here can do it at home for me and make a little money.

7. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    I can do it for you, $22.00
    You will get it in WSF.

8. What do you mean? In my previous post I said I can't afford the $22 a piece. That seems steep to me for such a little piece anyhow. What is WSF?

9. mkroeker
    WSF is shapeways white strong&flexible material, i.e. laser-sintered white nylon. Look, what you are doing here is akin to going to the hairdressers and asking out loud in his shop if one of the customers could give you a professional haircut for half his price. IOW, most of us are customers here because we do not have our own printer and if you have to ask, better do it in some 3d printing forum that is not run by a printing service provider.

10. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    You could save $1.50 on each piece if you put them into one file. Would be nice to our operators if you sprue them together. But as has been said, we don't support looking for another service provider on our forums. So I'm locking this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.