Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Design » Pythagorean Tree Model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Pythagorean Tree Model [message #92581] Mon, 23 June 2014 13:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar lars_rafeldt2  is currently offline lars_rafeldt2
Go to all my models
Can anybody make a 3D model of a regular pythagorean tree (45° angle) and 9 iterations and send it to me? I need it very quick, thats why i cant wait for it to be delivered from the US. Contact me at kraveck@web.de
Re: Pythagorean Tree Model [message #92587 is a reply to message #92581 ] Mon, 23 June 2014 16:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What general size are you looking for?
What material would you like to print it in?
Doing some quick math, if you use :

WhiteStrongFlexible, with the minimum 0.6mm for the smallest blocks, the large block would be ~10mm and the structure (if hollow) would cost $3.00
FullColorSandstone, with the minimum 3.0mm for the smallest blocks, the large block would be ~48mm and the structure (if hollow) would cost $51.00

But, from a design standpoint, it's going to be exceptionally tricky to make the model hollow. If you make it solid, the FCS price goes up to $271

http://mathforum.org/mathimages/imgUpload/Pythagorean_tree.jpg http://mathforum.org/mathimages/imgUpload/Pythagorean_tree.j pg

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Hollow Tube on in STL Viewer. Two ends became enclosed after uploading
Next Topic:Need help deleting parts along a curve

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.