upload model fail

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by alfredhu, Jun 22, 2014.

1. alfredhu
    alfredhu Member
    fail to upload new or update 3D files.

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    I just tried to upload things and they all got processed.,

Are you still having this issue?

Mitchell

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Problem persists - actual upload seems to go normally (perhaps a bit slower than usual), but processing then stalls with the upload screen showing the name of the model, but all bounds zero and no preview. (Tested using the verified 6mb stl I always use for this purpose). Anyway it is sunday today, hope you have fair weather and/or something else pleasant to do. Normal processing will certainly resume shortly after shapeways becomes aware of the problem.

4. mkroeker
    Oh, rainy up in NL ? The success email just arrived for my upload, and a page reload fixed the "hanging" upload page after that. (And that after I had waited some time to make sure my report is not premature - certainly long enough for you to post your "all fixed" message....)

5. mkroeker
    Second try and things are definitely back to normal, sorry about my premature bugreport.

6. alfredhu
    alfredhu Member
    I try to reload again, seems the server is slow and fail to upload again!

7. mkroeker
    Things are definitely back to normal for me - what is your file format and size ? Do you get the preview screen (even if values are not filled in there), or does
    the actual upload time out before that ?

8. alfredhu
    alfredhu Member
    Couple screen shots from uploading failure...

Attached Files:

9. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Ah Error 524!
    I'll let our dev team know about it! That's indeed something that shouldn't happen :)